Malware: The Different Types and How They Affect Your Computer
Malware is malicious software that compromises your computer’s performance. There are various types of malware that cause issues; ransomware, adware, bugs, and spyware. Each type of malware acts differently and can cause a number of problems.
If your computer has these issues, it might be compromised by malware:
- Programs running or shutting down without you doing anything
- Issues connecting to networks
- Emails sent from your account that you didn’t send
- Slow Performance
- Pop-up ads
If you have any of the issues above, you may want to contact a professional to help you solve these problems.
Types of Malware
- Ransomware:This is exactly what it sounds like. It prevents you from accessing your computer until you pay a ransom.
- Bug: This type of malware injects flaws into a program’s source code, lowering its performance and sometimes even causing a crash.
- Adware:Sends pop-up ads all over your screen. A very annoying malware.
- Spyware: A type of malware that allows an outside person to watch everything you do on your computer.
- Virus:Acts just like a virus in your everyday life. It attaches itself to one of your files and slowly spreads throughout your whole system. Eventually, all of your files may be deleted or marked as corrupt.
- Worms:A worm can spread and infect your entire computer network.
- Trojan Horse: Disguises itself as a normal everyday program, in order to trick users into downloading it.
- Rootkit: This malware allows someone to control your entire computer or laptop remotely. Allowing them to do anything they want with your files and information.
These malicious types of malware can severely impact your computer. They compromise your security and your privacy. Remember to always use extreme caution when downloading files or programs off of the internet. We highly recommend you install antivirus software on your device to help you keep your data safe!
Contact Compuzone today if you think you may be under attack by malware, or if you need us to help you solve this problem. With our years of experience, we can guarantee that you will get the help you need.